The Moreland School District, located in San Jose, is K-8th district of 5,000 students. All six Moreland schools have been designated California Distinguished Schools by theCalifornia Department of Education.
- English Learners — 25%
- Students on Free or Reduced Meal Plan — 35%
We began our partnership in the Spring 2014 at Moreland Middle School. For the 2014-15 school year we have expanded to include four elementary schools: Baker, Payne, County Lane and Anderson Village.
Schools We Serve
- Latimer Elementary School
- Anderson Village Elementary
- Baker Elementary
- Country Lane Elementary
- Payne Elementary
CASSY now delivers a district-wide mental health program to the Moreland School District, where we provide the following services:
- Individual, Group & Family Therapy
- Crisis Intervention & Treatment
- Suicide & Depression Awareness Campaigns
- Staff Support & Training
- Parent Consultation
- Community Outreach
- To assess our services, CASSY uses both quantitative and qualitative data. Quantitative data consists of measuring the following at the beginning and end of treatment:
- The Children’s Global Assessment Scale (CGAS) is an assessment developed by the Department of Psychiatry at Columbia University to provide a global measure of level of functioning in children and adolescents. Our goal is to observe an increase in overall functioning through counseling, which is measured by a pre- and post- CGAS assessment.
- The Walker-McConnell Scale is a social competency questionnaire completed by the student’s teacher. This information assists the therapists in developing therapeutic goals for the student.
- For a qualitative assessment, CASSY sends surveys to students, parents and school staff to rate our services at the end of the year.